Best Winter Bug Out Bags Guide | episode 132
This week I talk about changing out your bug out bag for winter. It was originally intended to be a winter and summer episode but I realized that would be a very long episode.
Depending on where you live your BoB needs to be changed out seasonaly. My preence is Winter and Summer. You can coast through spring and fall.
- Bobs need to be two seasons in most locations
- The more extreme climates can skip this
- Might need a bigger bag in winter
- Strap things to the outside/ molle / Alice/ expansion pouches
- You might be able to use a pulk.
Fire And Heat
- Wood processing system
- Big survival knife and big saw. swap out the folding ones for a sawvivor, buck saw
- In colder climates go for a camping ax
- Tent stoves
- Bics might not work in colder climates
- alcohol stoves should be swapped out.
- Hobo stoves
- Gas stoves might work depending on temp
- Standing dead trees and branches are better than ground found
- The center of wood is dry
- Hot hands are cheap grab a few.
- Space blanket, not the cheap flimsy one the tarp one
- Cotton should be removed except for your bandana
- Wool and synthetics are the way to go.
- Wool can be gotten cheap some synthetic as well
- Get cold weather gloves. Maybe even the cold waterproof ones
- Wool socks
- Cold weather boots. Waterproof ones.
- Desert boots suck. they get wet and cold.
- Still looking for a better option.
- Open cell foam bootie/ moccasin for inside a shoe.
- Cayenne pepper in a shoe/ sock works
- Sock liners, glove liners
- Plastic bags can be used over socks in boots.
Food And Water
- Plastic Nalgene and nesting cup instead of metal Nalgene.
- You will want more calories in the winter
- Hot foods are best
- Bullion cubes
- Medicated skin lotion.
- Make sure things that can freeze are bagged individually.
- A space blanket is good
Subscribe to the Survival Punk Survival Podcast. The most electrifying podcast on survival entertainment.
Want to hear yourself on the podcast? Call in with your questions at (615) 657-9104 and leave us a voice mail.
Like this post? Consider signing up for my email list here > Subscribe
Think this post was worth 20 cents? Consider joining The Survivalpunk Army and get access to exclusive content and discounts!