How To Deal With Sprains And Breaks First Aid Part III |episode 164
This week I cover part 3 of the First Aid series. This time it’s all about sprains and breaks. How to treat both with your first aid kit and your knowledge.
Signs of a fracture
- Pain at the affected area.
- The area may or may not be deformed.
- The victim is unable to place weight on the area without experiencing pain.
- A grating sensation or sound may be present during any motion of the injured area.
- RICE rest, ice, compression, and elevation.
- Ace bandages
- Instant Ice packs
- Good boots
- Rest or Ruck
- Compound (Open) Or Simple (Closed)
- Signs Of A Fracture
- If In doubt treat as a fracture
- For a Compound fracture treat the wound first
- Sam Splints for smaller breaks
- Larger breaks make a splint from trees
- Triangle Bandages
Subscribe to the Survival Punk Survival Podcast. The most electrifying podcast on survival entertainment.
Want to hear yourself on the podcast? Call in with your questions at (615) 657-9104 and leave us a voice mail.
Like this post? Consider signing up for my email list here > Subscribe
Join Our Exciting Facebook Group and get involved Survival Punk Punk’s
Think this post was worth 20 cents? Consider joining
The Survivalpunk Army and get access to exclusive
content and discounts!